How To Keep Your Laminate Flooring Looking Good
FOR LAMINATE FLOORING GOOD UNDERLAY IS IMPORTANT
- Underlay will also help with sound acoustic noise.
- The underlay can also provide heat insulation for any room, keeping it draft free and retain heat.
- By fitting underlay it will withstand a lot of people walking across floor, and not move or change shape.
- It gives more comfort when you walk on floor that has had good underlay fitted correctly.
GOOD UNDERLAY AND EXPERTLY FITTED IS FIRST BEST WAY TO LOOK AFTER YOUR NEW LAMINATE FLOOR
- Laminate floors are still a really good flooring choice.
- So knowing how to look after your floor will ensure it last longer and looks good throughout it’s life span.
- Understanding they type of flooring you have purchased and type of wood is important.
- Your floor with come with manufacturers guidelines, and you are best to use the preferred cleaning products as advised by them.
- Harsh cleaning products are not good for laminate floors, so be careful how you clean your floors.
- The new laminate floors these days are made to withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Your floor should be easy for you to maintain.
- Always ask either the manufacturer or floor fitter of best products to use for cleaning purposes and keeping floor looking bright and clean.
- Each floor has different materials so one product for one brand may not be right product for your floor, so always check guidelines or ask.
- MATTS OR RUGS
- This is always a good idea if you have laminate in a hallway or entrance as this will capture any dirt and dust.
- Also by placing a rug across a busy area in a lounge bedroom, this protects your floor from heavy foot traffic.
- Rugs are also good if anyone spills a drink or food on the floor.
- You can buy laminate that is water resistant design but remember nothing is 100% water proof.
- It is always good to invest in microfiber mop, you should always dry clean your Laminate floors.
- So use a brush or even a vacuum to remove any dirt or dust daily.
- Sometimes laminate becomes dull, due to a build up of dirt, so using a mop with very little water can remove this residue and keep the shine.
- A good idea is to use a small amount of vinegar on dry cloth this will lift any marks build of dirt on floor, and the bright shine will come back.
- Make sure you test a small area, to see if the residue comes off the floor, never use wax based products or floor polish this will ruin your laminate floor.
- Before you purchase an alternative stronger cleaner please check your manufacturer or floor fitters advice.
- Laminate floors are designed to not retain moisture and get overly wet, so always use little water and dry cloth or mop,as little water as possible is best way.
- If you do spill large amount of water use a dry mop or cloth do not add more water onto area and dry as quick as possible. With something that is totally dry not damp.